Our first aim is to work with you to make the transition from home to school a happy and positive experience for your child. We aim to get to know your child quickly and make school an inspiring and fun place to be. All children that join Olveston CE VC Primary School are welcomed as individuals and are nurtured and taught with this in mind. Collectively the staff will focus on your child’s wellbeing and all-round achievements. All staff value both academic achievement and personal growth.
If you are looking to send your child to Olveston Primary School, we are always happy to show you round our school:
Please contact us to arrange a tour or to ask any questions that you might have.
By Post -
or phone -
All our school applications are administered by South Gloucestershire Council Admissions and they are a useful source of information for parents.
Please visit their website for further information, click the button bellow:
Additional Information - Schools:
Children can be admitted into the school from the September of the academic year in which their fifth birthday occurs in accordance with the conditions of the County Admissions Policy. Applications must be made by parents / carers direct to South Gloucestershire County Council regardless of existing catchment areas. If there are more applications received than places available at our school, then the County Admissions Officer will apply oversubscription criteria to decide which children can be allocated a place.
See the Early years section of the school website for more information about how we introduce children to school, how we manage their first few weeks and why our early years is so well spoken of.
An Early Years handbook and a new parent handbook is available on our website with additional information.
Below are the important dates for next academic year:
We also welcome children up to the age of 11 who are moving from other schools up to the published admission numbers for each year group. Please phone the school office and talk to Mrs Hemming the school Business Manager to arrange a visit with Mrs Luke the Head Teacher and or receive the appropriate information to support your child joining the school.
For working parents we are pleased to inform you that we provide a wrap around service, which is run by 'Owls' on the school site, they provide a breakfast club and after school club.
Arrangements for Admissions of Children with Disabilities
We welcome all children to our school and value equality and diversity through all that we do.
The procedure adopted by the school in the case of a pupil with disabilities is as follows:
Apply to obtain funding if appropriate.
- Access ‘specialist’ support as necessary.
- Consider modification of staff duties and teaching methods and materials.
- Create an early partnership with home (and existing school placement) to ensure successful planning and admission.
- Ensure the physical environment is appropriate to allow full access to the school site and grounds and to the curriculum and undertake any modifications possible to improve physical accessibility.
Arrangements for Admission of Children with Special Educational Needs
We welcome all children to our school. The Deputy Head Teacher is the SENCO and alongside the Head Teacher supports all families with smooth transition into the school. Our school offer to support children with special needs is on our website with additional information.
The procedure adopted by the school to support children with special needs is as follows:
- The Head Teacher will call the previous school for a handover meeting
- The Head Teacher / Deputy Head Teacher will arrange a meeting with the family
- The SENCO will give advice to staff and consider modification of staff duties and teaching methods and materials.
- Create a provision map to support progress of the child.
- Staff will monitor children with special needs carefully and inform the Head Teacher/ Deputy Head Teacher if there are concerns that progress is not being made.
- A decision will be made to see if a child's needs can be met with support or within a whole class setting unsupported.